Interested in learning more about how mobile technologies can be used in the medical library? If so, register for the Medical Library Association (MLA) continuing education webcast Leveraging Mobile Technologies for Health Sciences Libraries on Wednesday, April 18, 2012 1:00-2:30 (central time)
More information about the webcast (from MLA.net)
The goal of this webcast is to familiarize information professionals with current practical applications of mobile technologies in clinical and curricular support settings. Topics will highlight innovative uses of mobile technologies, address technology challenges, and provide best practice guidance for applying in viewers local environments.
- Define how mobile technologies can be used in clinical settings
- Define how mobile technologies can be integrated into curricula
- Identify challenges faced when using mobile technologies in different settings
- Explain challenges faced in clinical and curricular settings that mobile technologies can help solve
- Demonstrate how mobile technologies can be used in your own setting
- Plan how to work with vendors and IT support to enable use of mobile technologies
- Identify opportunities for library resources via mobile technologies in multiple settings
- Compare different mobile technologies and choose which might be appropriate for your own setting
Go to the MLA Webcast site to learn more about presenters Colleen Cuddy, Heather Holmes, Molly Knapp, Kimberley Barker, and Alisha Miles.
There are two ways to register for this webcast, individual or site. Individual Earlybird Registration Fee: $75 (nonmember, $150.00). Earlybird Site Registration is $395 (nonmember $495).
Keep your eyes and ears open for sites near you that have registered for the program.
- Pacific Northwest Region (PNR) will host the webcast at two sites.
- GMR has several sites sponsored in states through out their region.
- The Middle Atlantic Region is sponsoring it at the University of Pittsburgh.
For more information about the webinar or to register go to: