The #medlibs chat group will be hosting a five week series presented by the University of Massachusetts Medical School Lamar Soutter Library.
Here are the weekly chats:
- August 15th: Host: Donna Kafel Topic: e-Science portal
- August 22nd: Host: Kevin Read Topic:e-Science thesaurus
- August 29th: Host: Andrew Creamer Topic: New England Collaborative Data Management Curriculum
- Sept. 5: Host: Sally Gore Topic: Role of the informationist on research teams
- Sept. 12: Hosts: Lisa Palmer & Kate Thornhill Topic: Institutional repositoriesand open access
Discussing e-science issues on #medlibs is a great way to learn more about the topic, but the icing on the cake is that these chats have been approved for free (or near free at $5) MLA CE!
While this is a cool opportunity, there are rules for getting the CE.
- No partial CE hours will be awarded.
- Participation is measured by at least 3 tweets during each #medlibs chat session as shown by the chat transcript discussion AND/OR a reflective summary paragraph about the chat transcript discussion posted as a comment to each week’s blog post at http://medlibschat.blogspot.com/
In her post Nikki says that MLA pre-approved this e-science series for CE. If there are costs they would go directly MLA according to their Discussion Group Program. Nikki has graciously volunteered her time to be the convener for the program, verify participation, administer evaluations, and issue the CE.
The CE may or may not be free. If it is not free, it will be extremely cheap. It will only cost $5! Whether the CE is free or $5 will be clarified soon by MLA and announced when known.
If there is a fee for the CE, please note the following:
- Participation will not be tracked or awarded to those who indicate they will only take it for free if a cost is required.
- PayPal will be used to collect funds if there is a cost for CE. The convener (Nikki Dettmar) will email all participants who have indicated they will pay a cost for CE with further instructions.
- If there is a cost for CE and you have not paid by the end of the series, no CE will be awarded. There will not be followup/reminder emails.
What a great opportunity. Kudos to Nikki for all of her hard work coordinating this. Thank you to the weekly hosts. I have a lot to learn about e-science and I am going to sign up.