Get Mobilized! An introduction to mobile resources and tools in health sciences libraries is a free, self-paced, web-based class. The class runs from February 20 – May 6, 2012 and is approved for 6 CE credits from MLA. The class will be taught by health sciences librarians working in the field with mobile device experience and is presented in 6 learning modules over the course of 6 weeks. Each module focuses on a different aspect of mobile resources in the health sciences library.
- Week 1: Introduction to mobile resources by Molly Knapp
- Week 2: Mobile Applications by Luke Rosenberger & Julie Gaines
- Week 3: Mobile trends and issues in academic and hospital environments by Jaime Blanck & Melissa Rethlefsen
- Week 4: eReaders by Suzanne Shurtz
- Week 5: Promoting Mobile Resources by Amy Blevins
- Week 6: Mobile site creation by Wayne Loftus
June 3 will be the absolute day to submit your workbook for credit.