Tomorrow (Thursday 3/7/13) at 9:00pm est, I will be hosting the #medlibs chat on apps and tablets. What are you doing with apps? Are you creating a library specific app, catalog app, etc? Or do you have a good app guide that you want to share with others? Is there a push for tablets within your institution, if so which one? Can tablets access the EMR so that your docs & nurses can treat patients and do research with one device?
What other trends do you see or want discussed about apps and tablets? Let me know?
Here are some sites you might be interested prior to the #medlibs chat.
- Nova Southeaster University Health Professions Division Library http://bit.ly/HApZqW – tips, resources
- University of Groningen Central Medical Library http://bit.ly/15vCVqE -finding medical apps, information on adding bookmarks, (side bar has a lot of info)
- Setting up a library iPad program: Guidelines for Success – http://crln.acrl.org/content/72/4/212.full Full text article in ACRL News by Sara Thompson at Briar Cliff University
- Continuing the conversation: Integrating iPads and tablet computers into library services http://bit.ly/wgnMRS -ALA Tech Source article by Daniel Freeman
Policies and Procedures
- Duke http://bit.ly/kcRLCz
- KOC University http://bit.ly/YU7mCZ
- University of California Irvine http://bit.ly/cqwAuk
- University of Chicago http://bit.ly/XUoB5K
- University of Utah (iPad, Xoom, Kindle, Nook) http://bit.ly/wuIW2s
- Virginia Tech http://bit.ly/99151e
- Wake Forest http://bit.ly/Zm1JNS
- ZweigBibliothek Medizin in Münster, Germany, What to consider when borrowing English Translation http://bit.ly/15vDOjd
- iMedicalApps.com -One of the best review sites. Are there other good ones?
- Journal Reading Apps
- Browzine, ReadQx, Docphin, DocWise
- Other medical libraries –See what they have & how they organize them
- University of Michigan http://guides.lib.umich.edu/healthmobile
- University of Washington http://bit.ly/Nbzc9y
- University of Iowa http://guides.lib.uiowa.edu/mobile
- Weill Cornell Medical College http://bit.ly/13EJUQ4
- Norris Medical Library http://bit.ly/eaPRxO
- Dahlgren Memorial Library http://bit.ly/u7mbHH
- Florida International University http://bit.ly/102A45z
Hope to see you on the chat tomorrow! If you haven’t participated in a chat before, the easiest way to do it is use the cite TweetChat, login with your Twitter password and the follow #medlibs.